Monday, June 12, 2006

Revived

So, things here are much better. Or, at least, they are getting much better. I have been talking to Husband more and working out some of our issues, Mouse has been sleeping longer chunks at night - 7 hours on one memorable occasion - and the Bear is growing up every day. She's gotten to be lots of fun lately. You can carry on a conversation with her, and she loves doing stuff - anything, really, so long as it's fun for her.

The potty training has hit a snag. We had several days of success early on, and then one day she woke up and decided that she didn't want to potty. She refused to go when we sat her on there, and never suggested going herself, and was treating her training pants like another diaper. So, this morning, we started Project Pantsless. She's been running around in only an undershirt all day, and it's working. She hates getting messy, and so every time she starts to feel herself pee on her leg, she freaks out and wants to go sit on the potty. Once she's there, she still doesn't really want to go, but I've talked her down from the ledge and she's been very proud the three times she's gone so far today. Once she stops crying, that is. I can't quite figure out what happened, but I think it might have something to do with my mom. She was here for a while, and her methods are slightly different than mine. So, I've had to break out the disinfectant several times this morning, but it's all for a worthy cause, so I don't really care. I'm waiting to see what happens when she needs to poop...

I'm home all day now with just the girls, and it seems to be going ok. I still think I would probably lose my mind if I was a SAHM, but it is kind of nice to spend some quality time with the girls. Hectic, but nice.

Naptime's over - more later.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I'm so relieved to hear that things are going better. I've been thinking about you.

Raisin started out brilliantly in potty-training, then totally lost interest, too. I'm not really sure what to do; I've thought about trying the no-pants thing when we're home, but would it do any good since she'd still have to wear a diaper at day-care?

Sigh. It doesn't help that it's just easier for me to not deal with it.

Anyway, sorry -- enough about me. Enjoy your time home with the girls! I'm counting on you for lots of "I can totally take care of a baby and a toddler" stories.

Jane said...

Thanks for the concern! We've decided to backtrack on the potty for a while - I don't want her trained at the expense of my sanity or her security. We're back in diapers, but still talking about pee and poop - a lot!

As for the baby and a toddler, the older they both get, the better. Three months seemed to be the magical turning point. Sometimes, though, someone just has to cry for a few minutes - Bear, Mouse, or me!

Enlist some help for those first few months home with all three kids! I'll share wisdom as I get it!