Thursday, December 07, 2006

Things I have learned about myself

Thing the first: I have a very quick temper.

Thing the second: I get very strong feelings of rage when things happen that I don't like.

Thing the third: I shouldn't always let my anger have control of my actions.

Thing the fourth: I need to learn to calm myself down before I say or do something I regret.

Thing the fifth: It takes way more energy to be calm than angry.

Thing the sixth: I need to learn to relax and let go when things don't go according to plan.

Thing the seventh: *Nothing* makes me want a glass of wine more than a crying baby.

3 comments:

Jane said...

Thanks!

I'm going to try to be more regular in updating. I hate those people where I'm always wondering what happened to them... now I'm "that girl." How annoying!

Anonymous said...

It does look nice!

Being calm does take a lot of energy. But it seems like both kinds of energy feed on themselves -- so staying calm in one situation helps me stay calm the next time. Or, losing my cool over something makes it more likely that I'll do it again.

I think.

Jane said...

Julie, you are *so* right. I kept my cool all week last week, and each day it seemed a little easier. Then I lost it once on Saturday, and it was all downhill from there. I'm still struggling to dig out from under that one.

I wish they made a pill that made you nice without effort. *That* is the pill for me!