Sunday, January 15, 2006

A, B, C... Easy as 1, 2, 3

Ganked from Ninotchka. Enjoy -

[a is for age:]
closer to 30 than 20…

[b is for booze of choice:]
Sangre del Toro – try it if you haven’t!

[c is for career:]
Public school teacher

[d is for your dog's name:]
asthmatic kid = no dog

[e is for essential items you use everyday:]
concealer for those pesky undereye circles, my gigantic water bottle

[f is for favorite song(s) at the moment:]
“Gracie Girl” by Ben Folds. What can I say? I’m a hormonal mess and that one really gets the parent in you.

“Keep it Loose, Keep it Tight” by Amos Lee. Nice. Very nice.

[g is for favorite games:]
Trivial Pursuit. I will so kick your ass at this game. I know more useless crap than anyone I know (except for the sports category. I hate that one).

[h is for hometown:]
I’m guessing this means where you live at the moment, since I lack a proper “hometown.” Let’s just say it’s somewhere between Cleveland and Denver.

[i is for instruments you play:]
I can play chopsticks on the piano – that’s about it. Husband is the musical one.

[j is for jam or jelly you like:]
Mmmm… strawberry. Peach. Blackberry. Cherry. What the heck – I love jam in all incarnations!

[k is for kids:]
One and ¾. Check with me in about 5-7 weeks and I’ll be able to say two.

[l is for last kiss:]
My mother kissed me on the forehead the other day. Real, actual kiss? I can’t remember back that far…

[m is for most admired trait:]
Saying the things everyone else is thinking but nobody will say out loud.

[n is for name of your crush:]
Husband, ‘cause he’s pretty hot. Checkout girls hit on him all the time…

[o is for overnight hospital stays:]
One when the Bear was born, one during a miscarriage in February.

[p is for phobias:]
Small, enclosed spaces. Being alone in the house.

[q is for quotes you like:]
“…Any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde;
And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee.” Yay for John Donne, who was actually pretty nifty. And super-yay for Hemingway for recognizing that.

[r is for biggest regret:]
Hmmm… at the moment, I’d have to say leaving a large city for the cultural wilderness of the Midwest.

[s is for sweets of your choice:]
Oh, pastry. Best when filled with some kind of fruit and topped with some kind of icing.

[t is for time you wake up:]
Assuming we’re not counting the 4 times I wake up each night to use the bathroom? My alarm goes off at 5:00 a.m. on weekdays, but it’s set 7 minutes fast, so technically, 4:53. On weekends, the Bear is my alarm clock, and she gets up punctually at 8:30.

[u is for underwear:]
So old and ratty that just the other day Husband said after the baby comes he’s going to get me a gift certificate to buy lots of new underwear and bras so that I can throw out everything that’s in my drawer right now (most of which is left over from high school or college and is composed of giant holes loosely held together by fraying threads).

[v is for vegetables you love:]
Broccoli. Corn. Green beans. Are potatoes a vegetable?

[w is for worst habit:]
Interrupting people when they speak.

[x is for x-rays you've had:]
Dental, pelvic, pulmonary, and one particularly memorable shot of my coccyx, the first time I broke it.

[y is for yummy food you make:]
Husband says the soup is where it’s at. Last night he claimed that he couldn’t choose a favorite from among my soups even if he tried. I think the man just likes soup, personally. I also make a mean fruit pie.

[z is for zodiac sign:]
Cancer – I’m toxic.

Hey - this was fun! A mild diversion from my aching back (and tailbone). Exactly 7 more weeks to go, as of today!

No comments: