Saw this and thought - hey, I could do that. It's easier than pretending things are great.
1. I compare my kids. When I do, one or the other always comes up short.
2. I never finish a cup of coffee. Ever. I try and try, but something else always gets in the way, and it's cold before I get to the end.
3. Students with learning disabilities scare me. I don't know how to talk to them - I've never been able to figure out how to explain things so that they can understand them. It makes me realize I'm not as good at my job as I think.
4. I am downright mean to my husband sometimes, and generally bitchy to him the rest of the time. I do it because I really wish he paid more attention to me and my needs, but instead of talking about it, it's easier to push him away.
5. When I think about school, I think I did well because people always told me I was smart. I'm terrified to go back and discover that I'm really as dumb as I feel most days. I feel like a fraud.
6. I haven't managed daily showers since I got married. At best, maybe three times a week. It's just impossible around here.
7. I call my mother almost every day. It's not that I want to talk to her that badly - it's that I have no one else to call.
8. I love my kids, but I love them more when they're sleeping.
9. I'm afraid to talk to doctors.
10. Nine days out of ten, I feel like my life has no purpose, and I'm just going through the motions.