Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Making Lemonade

It's time. I'm moving out. The girls are coming with me.

Husband is not.

Nothing is permanent, yet. Boundaries are still fluid, roles still evolving, emotions shifting from one second to the next. I'm content with my choice (and it was my choice), but terrified, nonetheless. I have no idea how this will play out, or even how I want it to play out. The laws of physics should prevent people from feeling happy and sad and the same time, but apparently I'm an exception to this rule.

I'm not giving up on the dream just yet, even though it's been more nightmare than not these past weeks, months, years. Somewhere, deep down, I think I still believe that we may all live happily ever after. And we may. And we may not. Who can tell these things?

I don't know where I'll go, or how I'll pay for it, or what will happen, but I do know that right now, this is what's best for me and my girls, and hopefully for him, too. And that's what's important, right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:::hugs:::

Take care, sweetpea. I'm here if you need someone to talk to!