Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ugh.

Please know that the aforementioned Ugh has nothing to do with the events of today* and everything to do with my mental state.

Internet, I have man troubles.

Like I mentioned before, I met this guy, and we've been talking, and, well...

I have a crush on him. A bona fide, 13-year-old, blushing, giggling, stammering crush.

I am nearly 30. I am Too Old For This Shit. I am a mother, for godsakes. I have daughters of my own, who all too soon will come home laughing and/or crying over crushes of their own. I have no business having a crush on anyone. I feel like an idiot.

I've been working with myself, forcing myself to slow down, to wait, to hold back, to *not* get excited. It's no use.

The world is full of rainbows and unicorns. Dammit.


*YAY!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eh, don't be so hard on yourself. Enjoy it for what it is.

One piece of cautionary ASSvice, don't introduce every guy you date to the kids. It's confusing as hell and, in my opinion, very detrimental to all involved.

Oh, and *YAY! indeed. :)

Julie said...

Yay for unicorns and for inaugurations!

We might end up disappointed in both, but what the hell, right?