Sunday, May 08, 2005

The one with the toffee...

So, I make really good brownies. Outstanding effing brownies. I make them because my husband is a chocoholic. These brownies are so damn yummy...

Suffice it to say, they're good brownies.

I put things in my brownies, because my husband likes brownies with things in them. I'm okay with this. Sometimes I add mini chocolate chips, or mini M&Ms (his favorite). This makes a chewy/chunky brownie that's truly delightful.

Today I made some brownies. I put in them a few toffee bits - like the crushed-up Heath bar toffee bits. Toffee and chocolate taste great together. That was the extent of my thought process.

Had I thought for an extra 30 seconds, do you know what I would have remembered?

What's that you say? Toffee is made of BUTTER?

Yes, that's what I would have remembered. Do you know what happens when you add extra butter to your brownies?

Wait... could it be that the butter melts and turns your brownies into a gooey pan of Something That Refuses To Solidify?

Ding Ding Ding! That's the correct answer! I win! (I always win when I play games with myself.)

Do you know what my husband is doing right now?

Eating brownies with a spoon. Just one of the many reasons I love him.

No comments: