Monday, May 30, 2005

The terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day

Things I have done in the last 24 hours that I am not proud of:

1. Threatened to sell my daughter to the gypsies

2. Answered someone truthfully when they asked "How are you?" (I said, "Horrible, how 'bout you?")

3. Denied my husband both good food and sex - on his birthday, no less

4. Stuffed an entire egg roll into my mouth in a fit of desperation (I'm an emotional eater)

5. Been frightfully rude to the neighbors (I was just being honest, really)

I have no excuse for doing these things other than hormones. Something tells me that most women can control their mood swings better than this. Am I wrong? Are you all hiding your inner banshee? Or am I really the only person who needs to be sedated before her period to avoid killing people for sport?

There are days I don't like myself very much. The fact that I have days when I don't like myself makes me like myself even less.

Premenstrual self-loathing, brought to you today by the letters P, M, and S, and by the number 5. I have yet to meet someone who copes with this in a worse manner than I do. If you're out there, sister - this Advil's for you.

No comments: