Monday, April 07, 2008

Today's post brought to you by the letter D

D.

D is for:

Diets (they suck. I can't Do it.)

Dr. Pepper (the reason I can't stick to my diet)

Diapers (I have been changing diapers for 3 years, 5 months, and several-odd days. Tank is so close, but not really, to pottying)

Daft (a student actually used the phrase "daft wanker" in class today. He had no clue what it meant)

Dogs (we actually played with one tonight that the Bear *wasn't* scared of. Wonders may never cease)

Dealing (I'm working on it)

Drama (oh, how the 12-year-olds love to create it)

Darling (the things the kids have been saying lately) (planning to devote a whole post to that soon)

Damn, dude.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Drama: TELL ME ABOUT IT. My almost-12 year old comes home with a story every single day and it's dizzying. And I hate to say it but annoying. I've lived it once, I DO NOT WANT TO BE A PRETEEN AGAIN. lol But, seriously.

Julie said...

I wish I were close, even not really, to getting all my kids out of diapers.

I also think it would be kind of cool to teach a kid who knew what "daft wanker" meant. Although I suppose as a teacher you are required to discourage that kind of thing.