Well, picking up where I left off yesterday:
8. foul - not in the sense of a foul ball, but in the sense of, dear God, what is that foul smell? Kind of like vile. Just so expressive.
9. effulgent - just cause I like the way it sounds. You could say shiny, but where's the fun in that?
10. preparedness - and you have to say it with the emphasis on the ED: prepare-ed-ness. I use this one all the time on my students.
11. fluidity - I don't much care for "fluids" in the sense of bodily fluids, but I like "fluidity" in the sense of grace of movement.
12. anathema - when I was younger, I thought it was "an athema," and I could never figure out what an "athema" was. Silly. It's not a particularly pleasant word, but I like the sound of it.
13. fuck - far and away my favorite word, and one that I use far more than I should. It's so multifaceted, and so expressive of so many things. It can be used in so many ways. Just perfect, really.
So, that's it. I could expand this to a list of more like 50, but that's a slippery slope. I was an English major in college, and Husband is forever mocking my word choice. I love words. I always have.
Bear is still sick, and today was just like the day from hell. Very uncool. I am zapped. I think maybe because it was pitch black at 5:00 tonight? That's a serious downer. Oh, well. Tomorrow is another day. ::said in best Scarlett O'Hara voice::